Devine Hydraulics Inc.
Responsibilities in Brief:
- Following instructions, drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements and setting up components for welding according to specifications
- Proficiency in cutting, grinding and joining various metal components and parts
The role of Welder at Devine Hydraulics, Inc. (DHI) is to fabricate and assemble metal components, structures and equipment through the use of welders, torches, punches, grinders, carbon arc (air arc), etc and measuring tools. The goal is to produce metal products according to customer or employer specifications in a service-oriented, fast-paced environment.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an individual that is a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities and/or at customer sites. This individual will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision and efficiency. This welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Responsibilities in Detail:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Prepare components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with saws, grinder, torch, air arc, etc. to match measurements)
- Operate grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers, jigs etc.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead and while rotating)
- Repair machinery and other components by fitting, prepping and welding together
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Maintain a clean work area
- Proven experience as welder
- Effectively able to TIG weld, MIG weld, braze, carbon arc cut (air arc) and grind various metal types (e.g. aluminum, stainless, carbon and cast steel)
- Must have complete set of tools (all specialty tools are company-provided)
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy (up to 50lbs) items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
Why Work for DHI:
Devine Hydraulics, Inc. is a firmly established (1983) manufacturer, service provider and distributor of hydraulic systems and components. With thousands of customers, we’ve built a business that understands the market allowing us to competitively succeed. Although we are the largest in our industry in this part of the US, we retain an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards excellence. We offer:
- Competitive pay that grows with your ability to succeed
- A friendly culture that is business focused, but employee driven
- We offer health insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays and more.
- Company-sponsored trips and activities
- First-shift with occasional voluntary overtime