Devine Hydraulics Inc.
Responsibilities in Brief:
- Creates the daily/weekly production schedule for all shop work
- Controls and adjusts the workflow, overtime, maintenance and other items important to the successful daily operation of the shop
- Analyzes completed shop project costs against cost estimates
- Complete responsibility to effectively and efficiently run the entire shop facility, including equipment and personnel, in an a fast-paced environment in an independent manner with positive results
Directly supervises 8 to 12 employees working in all areas of shop operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Reports to the President of Devine Hydraulics, Inc. (DHI)
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an individual to take full responsibility and supervision of all shop operations including work associated with production, material usage, shop tools & equipment and labor controls by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel. Skills with time management techniques and scheduling are essential. Computer capabilities are key, especially with Windows-based apps (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as ERP (QuickBooks for Manufacturing preferred). This is a key role in the company.
Responsibilities in Detail:
- Creates the daily/weekly production schedule for all shop work including the assignment of equipment and/or personnel for particular jobs; interacts with and coordinates these schedules with the president
- Analyzes and implements possible scheduling and work flow changes by focusing on opportunities to improve efficiency and save money through better operating methods and/or equipment utilization consistent with improving quality
- Adjusts the weekly production schedule to overcome unforeseen shop problems that could otherwise delay product completion dates and/or increase product cost
- Analyzes completed shop project costs against cost estimates looking for and implementing new ways to improve cost performance; confers with the President concerning results or to discuss adjustments to cost/price estimating
- Works diligently to control and adjust the workflow, overtime, maintenance and other items important to the successful daily operation of the shop; schedules preventive maintenance time to minimize equipment downtime and interference with the workflow
- Monitors equipment usage, dependability and maintenance issues that could impact work efficiency or production results; analyzes and recommends solutions to the President
- Controls and approves the use of all overtime by Shop Personnel
- Works closely with the President and Sales Staff to meet customer needs and solve job-related problems while effectively controlling cost and managing shop personnel issues
- Prepares packaging and shipping or organizes pickup for installation by DHI crews or outside personnel. This function is performed using sound cost considerations consistent with delivery schedule needs
- Enforces a safe, clean and organized work environment, seeking to maintain/improve safety whenever possible, that meets all OSHA and other government requirements
- Maintains and continues to develop product knowledge of materials, methods and equipment that may be of benefit to shop operations through training, study and observation of better work techniques, equipment trends and new product developments
- Works closely with the President and Accounting Department to establish shop performance budgets, track results and plan changes to improve shop operations
- Confers, meets with and provides assistance to the President and other Managers to help resolve general company problems and needs.
- Handles additional responsibilities as assigned to assist in the successful operation of the company
- Ability in English to read, analyze and interpret basic business documents and specifications relating to welding, machining, mechanical and hydraulic functions. Ability to interact effectively with senior management on company issues, vendors and customers regarding project content, goals and hydraulic issues
- Ability to understand and use intermediate math and geometry to calculate figures, apply percentages & ratios and interpret space, shape and size dimensions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Must be computer literate with three to five years of experience using computers in a business environment.
- Must know and have experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word Software.
- General knowledge of Shop Workflow software or similar software is helpful
- Ability to define problems, interpret data, establish facts, interpret schematics, draw valid conclusions and use common sense. Ability to understand a variety of instructions in mathematical and/or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Hydraulic and NFPA certifications are desired
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy (up to 50lbs) items
- Associates degree or equivalent plus six to ten years of experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience; ideally, direct experience in the commercial hydraulic service and repair industry with direct operations and management experience
- This is a first-shift role but demands this individual work whatever time additional it takes to successfully perform duties and to attain, if not exceed, goals
Why Work for DHI:
Devine Hydraulics, Inc. is a firmly established (1983) manufacturer, service provider and distributor of hydraulic systems and components. With thousands of customers, we’ve built a business that understands the market allowing us to competitively succeed. Although we are the largest in our industry in this part of the US, we retain an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards excellence. We offer:
- Competitive pay that grows with your ability to succeed and attain goals
- A friendly culture that is business focused, but employee driven
- We offer health insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays and more
- Company-sponsored trips and activities