Devine Hydraulics Inc.
As a Fluid Power Specialist at Devine Hydraulics, Inc., you’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with our entire team of hydraulic experts, from technicians to President. Strong technical fluid power technical skills are required to assist in the planning, design, and implementation of solutions to our customers’ biggest hydraulic challenges.
Devine Hydraulics, Inc. is a firmly established (1983) manufacturer, service provider, and distributor of hydraulic systems and components. With thousands of customers, we’ve built a strong and stable business where your career can grow. Although we are one of the largest hydraulic service providers in New England, we are dedicated to a friendly, employee-driven culture where excellence is recognized and rewarded.
Are you passionate about hydraulic engineering and would like to further your career with Fluid Power Specialist certification? Training opportunities are available for extraordinary candidates!
Requirements and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Certified Fluid Power Specialist (CFPS) with strong mechanical aptitude and a passion for learning how machines and other equipment work. This individual must demonstrate knowledge in mathematics and basic science, and be motivated to stay informed on changes in the industry. Robust communication skills are required to convey ideas to others both in oral or written form as well as through drawings and graphs.
In addition to working directly with Brian Devine, a recognized industry leader and innovator in hydraulic engineering, fabrication, and troubleshooting, basic responsibilities include:
- Design/draw schematics for hydraulic systems, power units and call out components to meet the customer’s requirements
- Troubleshoot hydraulic systems in-house, in the field, and on-site at customers’ facilities
- Design, size, select components, and write specifications for hydraulic systems
- Make fluid power presentations to both internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Conduct training for both internal associates and customers
- Make joint sales calls with the field sales staff
- Assist in the development of fluid power data collection, interchange information, case histories, and application data
- Support sales and marketing efforts to grow hydraulic system and service sales
- Responsible for helping set and meet sales target goals and execution of the fluid power marketing strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- Design/draw/interpret hydraulic systems/schematics
- Friendly and professional with an inquisitive nature and a driven problem-solver
- 3+ years fluid power (hydraulic and/or pneumatic) experience in a sales support role
- Use of proper English grammar, written and verbal
- Ability to read / understand technical drawings
- Understand hydraulic symbols, read system schematics, and is skilled in using hand tools, power tools, micrometers, and testing equipment
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good computer skills including Windows-based apps (Outlook and Excel), ERP systems (ideally QuickBooks) and CAD programs
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy (up to 50lbs) items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- Associate Degree, Technical Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree
- Hydraulic, Pneumatic & Mechanical knowledge in complete systems, System/component testing/troubleshooting as well as hands-on training in the testing processes for team technicians and outside sales support of Pumps, Valves, Cylinders, etc.
- International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) Certification highly desired
Why Work for DHI?
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays, and more
- Training and on-the-job education opportunities
- A friendly culture that is business-focused, but employee-driven
- Company-sponsored trips and activities
- First-shift with occasional voluntary overtime
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, Devine Hydraulics, Inc. offers a relaxed, friendly work environment with extraordinary potential for growth and career advancement. For hydraulic professionals seeking to expand their skill set, there is no better opportunity than to learn directly under the guidance of renowned hydraulic expert Brian Devine. Apply now to join our team and build the career you deserve!